Valencia has an excellent network of maritime, air and land connections and is one of the main communications hubs on the Spanish Mediterranean. València is accessible by air, land, sea and It boasts travel links to many major Spanish and European cities.
València Airport is in Manises, situated (8) eight kilometres west of the city.
Passengers can fly to a total of 60 international destinations, including cities in countries including Germany, United Kingdom, Belgium, Denmark, Holland, Italy, Morocco, Portugal, Russia, Switzerland, and Turkey. Given its privileged position on the Iberian Peninsula, the Mediterranean capital also offers domestic flights to places including Ibiza, Mallorca, Menorca, Santiago and Malaga.
Access to the city from the airport is fast, with bus, underground and taxi services available.
Download Metro Valencia map here
There are (2) two main stations in Valencia, the Estación del Norte and the Joaquín Sorolla
The main services are the AVE (only in Joaquín Sorolla) high-speed trains which cover the distance between Madrid and Valencia in around 100 minutes, and the Euromed services, which offer connections between Valencia and Barcelona in about three hours.
JOAQUÍN SOROLLA STATION FOR THE VALÈNCIA HIGH-SPEED TRAIN (AVE)
From the high-speed train station, the AVE trains connect the city to Madrid, Cuenca and Albacete, with 17 daily departures and an approximate journey time of 1 hour 30 minutes.
In addition, the Alaris and Euromed long-distance trains connect València with Spain's main cities.
Connections from Joaquín Sorolla Station (AVE)
- SHUTTLE BUS: Present your train ticket to travel for free to Estación del Norte, located in the city centre.
- METRO: Joaquín Sorolla Station (lines 1 and 5).
- BUS: Lines 9, 10, 27 (bus stop in San Vicente Mártir) and lines 89 and 90 (bus stop in Av. Giorgeta).
- TAXI: Taxi rank outside the entrance to the station.
LOCAL TRAIN STATION (ESTACIÓN DEL NORTE)
València has its own city centre station for the local train network (cercanías), which consists of six lines that connect Valencia to Gandía, Mogente, Utiel, Xirivella, Caudiel and Castellón de la Plana.
Connections from the Estación del Norte:
- METRO: Xátiva station (lines 3 and 5).
- BUS: Lines 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 14, 19, 35, 40 and 63 (bus stops close to the Plaza del Ayuntamiento).
- TAXI: Taxi rank (Radio Taxi València and Tele Taxi Valencia). Located at the side of the station, exit through the doors next to platform 6. Telephone: +34 963 703 333 and +34 963 571 313